The activities of Philosophy for Children New Zealand (P4CNZ) are:
- Professional development programmes for teachers
- Organisation of conferences and workshops
- Development of materials for philosophy for children
- Participation in the objectives and activities of the Federation of Australasian Philosophy in Schools Associations (FAPSA), of which P4CNZ is an associate.
Members of P4CNZ have access to:
- Locally produced materials to support philosophical inquiry in the classroom. These are designed for use by trained facilitators of the “community of inquiry”, and are recommended for use only by those who have attended a P4CNZ introductory workshop. Please note – these resources DO NOT constitute an introduction to practice in P4C.
- Introductions to selected topics in philosophy
- Access to articles from past volumes of the Australasian P4C journal “Critical and Creative Thinking”.
- A “Taster Pack” of three activities for use with students of different ages, for those who join prior to completing a workshop. These will be emailed to you when your membership is confirmed, after receipt of of your membership fee.
- New Zealand-based members will receive links to filmed keynote talk from out 2014 conference (not available publicly).
Individual membership $25 per year
- Small school $50 per year
- Medium sized school $75 per year
- Large school $100 per year