The activities of Philosophy for Children New Zealand (P4CNZ) are:
- Professional development programmes for teachers
- Organisation of conferences and workshops
- Development of materials for philosophy for children
- Participation in the objectives and activities of the Federation of Australasian Philosophy in Schools Associations (FAPSA), of which P4CNZ is an associate.
Members of P4CNZ have access to:
- Locally produced materials to support philosophical inquiry in the classroom. These are designed for use by trained facilitators. (Please note – these are on assorted topics, for different age groups, and do not constitute an introduction to practice in P4C)
- Introductions to selected topics in philosophy
- Access to articles from past volumes of the Australasian P4C journal “Critical and Creative Thinking”.
- A “Taster Pack” of three activities for use with students of different ages, for those who join prior to completing a workshop. These will be emailed to you when your membership is confirmed, after receipt of of your memebrship fee.
- New Zealand-based members will receive links to filmed keynote talk from out 2014 conference (not available publicly) and may also request a free DVD of the keynote speakers from our 2012 conference.
Individual membership $25 per year
- Small school $50 per year
- Medium sized school $75 per year
- Large school $100 per year